MSL Society Career OpportunitiesJoin our team!
Member Services Coordinator
The Membership Services Coordinator will be responsible for supporting all Medical Science Liaison Society Membership activities. This includes member services and engagement, management of membership database, and growing membership.
The position is also responsible for the development and maintaining of relationships within the MSL community by encouraging networking and connections with aspiring MSLs, current MSLs, and Medical Affairs Management. Success in the role will require the ability to follow through on member requests and offer the appropriate solution based on the member’s needs. The Membership Services Coordinator is responsible for management of the membership system software (association management) and member database.
The Member Services Coordinator will need to have a thorough understanding of the resources, training programs, upcoming events, and future programs of the MSL Society. This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service in the execution of daily operations that address the expectations and needs of members and guests as well as attend live training programs, conferences and other events. In order to be successful in the role, the candidate must confidently work with a diverse group of people from various cultures and backgrounds.
This is a virtual role that allows the individual to work from their home office (required hours are 8am-5pm EST Monday-Friday) and requires access to high speed internet.
- Coordinate procedures and initiatives surrounding recruitment, retention and renewing of members
- Prompt follow-up with members and guests
- Creates a member-focused culture specifically around relationship-building in all interactions
- Fosters a climate of innovation and resolve problems to ensure member satisfaction
- Maintains membership software and database and serves as a liaison to software technical support to manage, validate, troubleshoot, and service needs and requests related to member services
- Implements initiatives to increase membership
- 100% dedicated and focused on delivering exceptional customer service to members and guest at all times
- Tracks and evaluates membership offerings and develop alternate and/or additional options as necessary to maximize membership value
- Process all new memberships and provide welcoming materials to new members
- Update member records with new information received from or about members
- Create and run reports from the member database as requested
- Maintain the overall integrity of the membership database (completeness and accuracy of information)
- Plan and execute all communications, email blasts, and website updates
- Provide regular membership reports to management
- Be an on-site support at training and conferences
- Other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to set and execute strategic goals
- Results-oriented and ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office Suite and other computer skills as required
- Ability to work non-regular hours including nights and weekends (ie when traveling during events)
- Be available for domestic and international travel
- Ability to work and resolve issues independently
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
Preferred experience and background
- Experience working with Association Management Software (AMS)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two+ years successful experience in member services working at a nonprofit organization
- 401k company match
- 2 Weeks paid vacation (PTO)
Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm EST
Job Type: Full-time
Business Development Representative
The Medical Science Liaison Society (MSL Society) is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization exclusively dedicated to advancing the global MSL profession.
We are looking to hire immediately a highly motivated, ambitious, Entry Level Business Development Representative. This position will allow you to work from your home office, but will require access to high speed internet.
This position is best suited for a self-motivated, business development professional who can confidently work with a variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds. Diplomacy, tact, and a sense of humour are important to the success of this person.
This is a sales position that is focused on establishing and maintaining relationships so friendly and professional demeanor will be crucial to success.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for business development through sales of each of the following: 1) membership to the society; 2) event registrations for conferences; 3) training programs; 4) and job postings for our job board; by targeting various companies and individuals. The Business Development Representative will be responsible for both new sales leads and previous clients. The Business Development Representative will work with and support the Operations Manager and Marketing Manager to build relationships to increase event and training program participation. The Business Development Representative will attend all company meetings, sales meetings, conference planning meetings, trainings, and conferences as required.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize telephone solicitation, electronic and written correspondence, and face-to-face meetings as tools in order to reach and exceed the budgeted registration targets for memberships, conferences, trainings;
- Nurture relationships with all client contacts to foster long-term trust and increase the probability of retention
- Assist in research for new potential sponsors for each conference; as needed
- Efficiently and profitably controls the sales cycle: prospecting, overcoming objections, proposals, and closing contracts
- Assist in preparing promotional material to advertise sales opportunities
- Maintain knowledge of conferences, trainings, and project timelines
- Develop and pursue leads for new members and following up with expired members for renewals
- Attend both U.S. and international events when required
- Promote all services offered on the job board to existing and new clients
- Develop a sales strategy to execute monthly and quarterly sales goals
- Review sales/marketing emails for Job Board
- Assist marketing manager with marketing materials for the Job Board
- Domestic & International travel required
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
To be successful, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, continuous proactive skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General experience requirements include:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Communicate customer needs and resolve issues independently
- Establish and accomplish goals
- Identify and develop accounts
- Work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Sales experience with proven track record of success
- Sell value and close contracts per pricing strategy
- The desire to learn, grow and help our non-profit partners succeed
- Must be team focused and extremely organized
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor Degree with 1-2 years sales and customer service experience preferred. A reasonable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- 401k company match
- 2 Weeks paid vacation (PTO)
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard