Live Online Proctoring
What is the MSL-BC®?
How to apply?
Preparing for Your Exam
If you have been following the MSL Society for a while now, you should know that our mission is to be the global resource for all MSL professionals.
As you can see in the screenshot below, we had website visitors from 115 different countries across the globe within a 30-day period in February 2020 and March 2020. This includes countries like Palestine, Yemen and Kenya.
Traditionally, certification exams are taken at Computer-Based Testing Centers. However, the MSL Society has members around the world and in many countries, there are very few Computer-Based Testing Centers, or in some countries none at all. Because we wanted the MSL-BC® to be available to all MSL professionals globally, it was decided that the MSL-BC® should be administered virtually and proctored live.
Testing Regulations and Procedures for the MSL-BC® Exam
As a result of the MSL-BC® being available globally, there are several important procedures to be aware of. Below, you’ll find a list of all these regulations and procedures (these are taken directly from the MSL-BC® Candidate Handbook):
- All candidates must have a valid, government-issued photo ID to be admitted to the exam;
- Candidates are admitted only to their assigned exam;
- Candidates arriving more than 15 minutes after the scheduled exam time will not be admitted;
- No guests are permitted in the room or immediate surrounding area during the examination process;
- No reference material, books, papers, or personal items (purses, briefcases, coats, etc.) are allowed in the examination room or displayed on the walls;
- The exam is only administered in English. No translation materials will be permitted during the exam;
- No electronic devices are permitted in the examination room, including telephones, signaling devices such as pagers and alarms, personal digital assistants (PDAs) and other handheld computers;
- Food and beverages are not permitted unless for documented medical purposes. Tobacco products and gum may not be used during the examination;
- No test materials, documents, notes, images, photos or memoranda of any kind are to be taken from the examination;
- Candidates may not communicate with other parties during the examination;
- Proctors are authorized to maintain secure and proper test administration procedures, including cancelling examinations if testing protocols are violated by the candidate;
- Breaks are not scheduled during the exam. Candidates are permitted breaks on an individual basis, but no additional time is given to candidates who take breaks;
- Candidates who must leave the examination room will have their examinations scores cancelled making them ineligible to take the examination. If a candidate leaves the room during the exam, they will be denied re-admittance to the examination, forfeit all fees, and will not have their exam scored.