Scheduling the MSL-BC® Exam & Fees
What is the MSL-BC®?
How to apply?
Preparing for Your Exam
After submitting your application, an acknowledgement of the candidate’s application status will be provided via email within 10 business days of receipt of the Application.
If approved, an Authorization to Test letter (ATT) will be included in the acknowledgement email regarding the candidate’s application status. The ATT will include instructions on how to complete the payment, schedule the exam date with ProctorU, and other details about the exam.
If you are approved, you will have three (3) weeks to schedule and complete the exam.
- Complete the online registration process with ProctorU.
- Follow the instructions in the ATT letter (which includes a detailed step-by-step process) to schedule your exam date and time.
- An electronic confirmation will be sent to the candidate containing the candidate’s name, identification number, the date/time of the test, and the name of the test.
The exam schedule is considered “rolling enrollment,” meaning you can schedule and take your exam at a date and time that is convenient for you.
However, you must schedule your exam through ProctorU and adhere to that schedule. Candidates must sign onto the testing portal no later than 15 minutes after the scheduled time of the exam. It is recommended that you arrive 15 minutes early to set up your equipment and conduct the verification process. You will have four (4) hours to complete the exam. There are no scheduled breaks.
Initial Examination Attempt
Medical Science Liaison Society Member* – $450.00 USD
Non-Member – $550.00 USD
Subsequent Examination Attempts (failed exams)
Medical Science Liaison Society Member* – $300.00 USD
Non-Member – $400.00 USD
*MSL Society member discount only applies to “professional level membership.”
The application fee must be paid by credit card or PayPal in US Dollars.
Candidates must present a valid, non-expired form of government-issued identification prior to being admitted into the certification online portal.
The identification document must:
- Be government-issued (e.g., driver’s license, passport, state-issued identification card or military identification card); and
- Contain both a current photo and the candidate’s signature; and
- Display a first and last name that matches exactly to the name provided on the application (including designations such as “Jr.” and “III”).
Candidates who cannot provide the identification listed above, should contact the Medical Science Liaison Society before scheduling their exam appointment to arrange an alternative way to meet this requirement.
Important: Failure to provide appropriate identification at the time of the exam is considered a missed appointment. If a candidate misses an appointment, the candidate’s exam fee will be forfeited and the candidate will be required to register again and pay another examination fee. If your name changes for any reason prior to your scheduled exam, you must contact the Medical Science Liaison Society at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE scheduling your exam; failure to do so will result in a missed appointment.